So you’ve recently gotten engaged and you’re beginning to plan your ideal wedding. Right about now, you’re probably thinking about a million things you’ll need for your big day. One of the key decisions you’ll make is deciding who your vendors will be. Chances are if you’ve decided to hire a professional wedding DJ for your celebration, you think of them merely as “the music” for your party. You likely have them acting as one of the bases you’re covering, just like a photographer or a florist. But the truth is, a professional wedding DJ is much more than that.
Professional Wedding DJs Bring A Wide Range Of Skills To The Table
See, hiring the right DJ is super important because they’re not simply “the person playing the music I ask for.” In actuality, they’ll work to tie everything you’ve carefully planned for your wedding together and make sure it’s all executed to the best of their abilities- which is why you should always make sure you’re hiring a trained, experienced DJ. You’re going to be taking advantage of a wide range of skills, whether you realize it or not.
Why Take The Chance?
Think about it. You can have all of the greatest ideas in the world. You can hire the best photographer, secure the most gorgeous venue, have the most stunning decor, and load up the program with all kinds of great moments and music. But if your DJ isn’t professional and knowledgeable, it all goes to waste and your wedding can become an unremarkable celebration.
What You Can Expect From A Professional Wedding DJ
The way a wedding DJ brings everything together is by wearing many hats on the big day. They’re coming prepared to be all of the following:
- An expert music programmer who can read the room and make on-the-spot adjustments to the music to make sure you and your guests are having a blast.
- A professional Master of Ceremonies knows how to use their time on the microphone to shine a spotlight on your wedding reception’s key moments without trying to be the center of attention while being able to elegantly command a room full of people they’ve never met.
- The “Team Leader” when it comes to all of your vendors since they’re the ones that have to set the stage for everything that happens with their announcements, as well as making sure their dance sets work alongside the kitchen’s needs and that the folks you’ve hired to capture everything know exactly when and where everything planned is happening.
- A calm, comforting voice for their bride and groom on a day that has lots of moving parts.
- A multitasker who can juggle the needs of the bride and groom, their guests, the venue, and their fellow vendors, while making it all appear smooth and effortless so you and your guests have a flawless time.
- A production manager and designer who makes sure that the sound, lighting, overall setup, and microphones needed are all perfectly set to get the most out of your venue so the special moments you’ve planned all get the attention they deserve once everything kicks off. A wedding has more in common with a Broadway show than it does with a general party when you think about it!
Don’t Settle For Less
All this and more is what any great wedding DJ brings to the table. This is why it’s so important to find the right one- because they’re responsible for way more than just “the music.” When you interview prospective DJs, you should walk away with a sense that they can handle all of the above, because you’re going to want to have access to all of the above skills on your wedding day. And remember, you get what you pay for! If you are interested in chatting with one of our DJs, send us an email or fill out our contact form.