Photo Credit: Kristy Field Photography
Questions to Ask Before Booking Your Wedding DJ
Your wedding DJ will help set the tone for your wedding day. Not only will he or she select the music for your wedding day, they will also Emcee your event. That’s why choosing a professional, experienced wedding DJ is important. Here are a few questions you’ll want to ask the wedding DJs you interview before selecting the one that is right for you.
Photo Credit: Future Mrs. Planner
- Are you available on our wedding date?
- Have your DJ’d at our wedding venue before?
- How many weddings and events have you played for?
- How many wedding and events do you take on in a weekend?
- Will you personally be the DJ at our wedding, or will someone else be our DJ?
- What is included with your package (type of sound, DJ booth, lighting, etc)?
- Do you bring backup equipment with you?
- What do you wear to a wedding?
- What is your DJ/Emcee style?
- Where can I read reviews from your past couples?
- Can you help us select songs for our main events if we need help (first dance, cake cutting, etc)?
- How do you get guests on the dancefloor if no one is dancing?
- Do you take any breaks during the reception?
- Do you take song requests from wedding guests?
- Can we make a do not play music list?
- When do we need to submit our music selections list to you?
- What type of microphones do you provide for the wedding ceremony and reception speeches?
- What setup requirements do you have for your venue (amount of space, table, extension cords, etc)?
- What is your DJ rate?
- Are there any additional fees beyond your DJ rate (overtime, setup/break down, etc)?
- What is your deposit and payment schedule?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Do you provide any additional services (photo booth, lighting, etc)?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Will we meet with you again before our wedding day?
- Do you require a meal on the wedding day?
- What time will you arrive to setup at the venue before the wedding?
- What time will you depart the venue after the reception?
Photo Credit: Brides
We have more advice for booking your wedding DJ on our blog!