Photo Credit: Focus Photography Inc
One Month Wedding Checklist
The final stretch is here, your wedding is 30 days away! During the final month before a wedding usually anxiety, excitement, stress and anticipation kick into high gear. To avoid overlooking important details or spending valuable time on unnecessary tasks, we’ve compiled a one month wedding checklist for our couples.
Photo Credit: It Girl Weddings
Four Weeks out:
- Have a hair and makeup trial, check https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/hair/electricals/hair-straighteners.html for hair options.
- Make any final wedding weekend outfit purchases for you and your groom.
- Purchase bridal party and parent gifts.
- Finalize wedding ceremony vows.
- Finalize wedding music for the ceremony and reception.
- Purchase alcohol if you are providing it yourself instead of the caterer.
- Mail rehearsal dinner invitations.
- If you don’t have a wedding planner, confirm timeline and service details with wedding vendors. Then create a wedding day timeline.
- Order wedding papery, including ceremony programs, table numbers, place cards, etc.
Two Weeks out:
- Pack and organize any wedding day décor, such as centerpieces, favors, place cards, table numbers, signage, etc.
- Finalize menu and details for rehearsal dinner.
- Assemble welcome bags for hotel rooms.
- Begin working on your seating chart.
- Start writing thank you notes for wedding gifts you have already received.
- Pay remaining vendor balances. If any balances are due on the wedding day, go ahead and have their checks written and organized to give them on the wedding day.
- Contact any guests that have not sent in their RSVP.
One Week out:
- Give final head count to your caterer and confirm menu.
- Pack for your honeymoon and wedding weekend.
- Pick up your wedding dress from the seamstress or bridal shop.
- Pick up the groom’s tux or suit.
- Finalize the seating chart and send to your caterer and/or reception venue.
- Distribute your wedding day timeline and day of wedding contact info to your vendors and bridal party. This way everyone will know what is happening when, and also who to contact if they need assistance on the wedding day.
- Assemble your wedding day emergency kit.
One to Two Days out:
- Drop off décor items to your wedding venue.
- Drop off welcome bags to the hotel.
- Get a manicure and pedicure.
- Purchase and write a card to your fiancé to open on your wedding day.
- Give final vendor payments and tips to your bridal party to distribute to vendors on the wedding day.
Photo Credit: Eric Pearce Photography
For more wedding planning tips, take a look at our other blog posts.