Set the Mood with a Wedding Planning Music Playlist
It’s been a wild ride with wedding planning in 2020. With so many unknowns around weddings now, it can certainly be hard to feel excited about being engaged and celebrating. While I was working on preparing a playlist for a Hudson Valley micro wedding this past week, I thought it might be fun to put together a playlist for couples to listen to while planning a wedding in these difficult times. A little something to boost the mood and get you excited for planning. Have you ever thought about setting the mood with music while working on your wedding planning? Well, let’s give it a try.
By the way, if you are new around here… I am David Nazario, owner of A Perfect Blend Entertainment. I help couples create fun celebrations with music. I believe music is the universal language that brings people together at weddings. I would love to connect with you and talk about your wedding celebration if you are having a wedding in the New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut area. You can read more about me here, but without further ado, let’s jump right into that music playlist I promised you to set the mood for planning your wedding. I put together a step by step process for you to follow along with a custom playlist.
Download or Sign in to Spotify
Download the Spotify app to your phone or sign up on your computer if you don’t already have it installed. You can listen right on your computer or pull out that Bluetooth speaker to connect to your phone.
Grab Our Custom Playlist
Below you’ll find links to two custom playlists created just for you.
Make sure to grab your fiance before you start planning. Our playlist is sure to put you in the mood to dance to a few songs in between searching for the perfect wedding venue.
Or Customize Your Own Playlist
If you would rather create your own custom mix here are our favorite upbeat songs to get you started with your own list.
The Wedding Planning Music Playlist
- Mr Blue Sky – Electric Light Orchestra –
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepson – Call Me Maybe is a 2000’s classic, and possibly the best meet-cute (or plot twist) of all time.
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love – The Darkness – This flight-hearted love song will leave you eager to get married and start a life with your person.
- Mambo No. 5 – Lou Bega – How does this guy find enough time in the day to date all of these women?!
- You Make my Dreams (Come True)- Hall and Oates – Cue every cheesy rom-com from the early 2000’s.
- Money – Cardi B – Cardi’s no-cares-given attitude will inspire you to get your whole to-do list done in one go.
- Cuz I Love You – Lizzo – This soulful-pop ballad is raw, loveable, and fun to dance to.
- Work From Home – Fifth Harmony – Because most of us are “working from home” these days.
- Yummy – Justin Bieber – Admit it; Justin Bieber is your guilty pleasure.
- Cake by The Ocean – DNCE – Maybe you can play this while picking out your catering menu.
- I’m the One – DJ Khalid, Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper – Enjoy this bop with your future boo while you plan your wedding together.
- Summertime Magic – Childish Gambino – Songs about love in the summer will warm you up in the winter.
- Love on Top – Beyonce – This classic upbeat love song will definitely get you excited for your upcoming nuptials while you arrange your centerpieces.
- Tubthumping – Chumbawamba – This one hit wonder will definitely raise your serotonin levels and take your mind off any task you’re working on.
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk – Who doesn’t love a fun, catchy Daft Punk tune?
- Fernando – ABBA – ABBA knows how to deliver the classic hits – and keep you on your feet.
- Wouldn’t It be Nice – The Beach Boys – Take a break from your tasks and start dreaming about your tropical honeymoon during this song.
- It Wasn’t Me – Shaggy – Dude, if she caught you on camera…it was you.
- Keep On – Kehlani – Try not to Keep On playing this on repeat.
- Nice for What – Drake – Or really any Drake song. There’s no way you won’t be in a good mood after listening to a Drake playlist.
Now It’s time to Start Having Fun Planning!
Now that you set the mood, grab some cocktails and snacks, and let the planning begin.
I hope you enjoy listening to my custom playlist while planning your wedding. If you want more great music playlists, check out our playlist page for music inspiration from past weddings here, and if you want to hear more of our custom mixes, visit our DJ Mix page here. When you are ready to hire your wedding DJ, I would be honored to be considered. You can read more about our services here or contact me here!
David, DJ Extraordinaire